BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Day!



I decided this would be a great time to get the Door Sign done for the New Studio.
I used the Lola Da Vinci Stamp, with a few tweaks...
I *had* to add my freckles and a pair of glasses to make her more 'Me'.
Red hair, blue-gray eyes... though I do not rock the overalls anywhere that good in Real Life.
My Bum is um... bigger. ;O)
I used a cardboard mount, pre-treated canvas board. (all hail the $ store!)
blobbed on my paints nice & thick, let it dry over night... attached the Lola/Sarah and paint can (I drew all by myself) and finally painted the Message.
Welcome to Sunshine Studio
The back has a peel & stick hanger on it...
NOW I just need to get my fiance to actually GET the door up so I can hang this there.
All images are colored with Stampin'Up! Markers.
Paint is DecoArt.




Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge #39!! - Mostly Monochromatic
This week's challenge is called Mostly Monochromatic!!! A lot of M's, wouldn't you say?? She's challenged us to make a card that is mostly one particular colour....so use mostly pink or mostly purple or mostly one colour on your creation!


I knew, knew, knew which one I wanted to do...
I have been salivating over the chance to get SteamPunk-y with these images.
I want Lavinia's outfit for an outing with our local SteamPunk group! :::drool:::
I started the background with a piece of 'clock' paper from one of the big Pads (unkown) we all bought yeeeeears ago. I used the Shifting Gears Gel-a-Tins set to Cog & Gear it up a bit... and inked the edges.
The layer behind is actually yellow parchment paper which I stamped with Lavinia's accompanying Gear stamp then 'aged' the edges with ink.
Lastly is Black... also stamped with the gears but it doesn't show in the photo (poo!).
All Ink & Markers used are Stampin'Up!
Brass Goggles Forever!!!

2 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous new door sign very welcoming love it. Thank you for joining us at TT this week, xx Zoe

Michelle said...

A superb canvas for this weeks challenge, fabulous colours and ......yes I can see a resemblance. Thanks for joining in at TT
x Michelle