BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

HDH045: Marvelous Masking

The Challenge:

You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween page, project or card using the stamp masking technique. Not familiar with this? There are very extensive masking techniques, and then there is the quick & easy like post-it notes :) Take a rubber stamp, cover (mask) the area you do NOT want to see, ink up the stamp image, remove mask, and stamp image. Additional masking on the stamped panel may be required as well... do a little, or a lot... but let's see whatcha' create!!

This is my take:

It's a 4X6 Postcard. I'm not happy with the cobwebs...
I had a parade of 4 little boyz coming & going in the Studio while working on this...
hmmm... Maybe that's why I put 4 skulls instead of the 3 balls from the stamp?
I masked out the balls, then added some clip-art skulls. I had skull stamps but they were all too big or faced in the same direction and I really wanted them to look like they were being juggled.


5 comments:

Andrea C said...

Great masking, great stamp and love your colouring, dare I say GREAT x

Barb said...

LOVE this, Sarah! Especially how the skulls are all facing different directions... fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

blackdragon said...

Love the skulls.... my sort of thing!
lynx

fairyrocks said...

Love that stamp and the reason for the skulls (wonderful movement)

Days End Studio said...

The Stamp is from a series. I have most of the rest of... King, Queen, Princess, Knight, Wizard and Pageboy.