BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Merry Christmas in JULY!!! ...it is the 25th, ya know!

5 months til Christmas... *giggle* yeah, I know... seems like forever.
For me even more so!
Today marks exactly 2 months til our Wedding September 25th...
Something else I feel totally unprepared for even though everything is buzzing along.
Sooooo...
I decided to drag put my bin of Christmas Sh-tuff and distract myself.
Got 2 challenges done, all in good 'spirits'.
MERRY CHRISTMAS in JULY!!!

Welcome to another fluttering Wednesday!!
This week your challenge is Christmas in July--however you perceive it! Just be sure to use a butterfly, fairy or angel on your new creation!!


I couldn't make up my mind: red on green? or green on red?
So I made both!
Textured cardstock is from the DCWV Christmas Card Stack.
Pattern paper is from DCWV Christmas Stack (2009).
Butterfly Mask, Stamp & Glimmer Mists are Tattered Angels.
Christmas Stamp is from Close the My Heart 'Vintage Christmas' set.
All inks Stampin'Up!
Ribbon & Holly... Stash Booty! (unknown)



Every month we will be bringing you a sketch and detail challenge…the sketch component is optional however the detail (or element) component is not…have fun.


I tried reeeeeeeeally hard to stick with the sketch.
Sketch following is new to me... I usually just sit down and start putting things together.
Drives the sketch-followers crazee... but that's just the way my brain works or sorta-works... lol.
Pattern Paper is Creative Imaginations Tinsel Town Pad.
Textured Cardstock (red) DCWV.
Glitter Tree sticker are Recollections.
All inks are Stampin'Up!
Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels.
Stamps are Close to My Heart No Peeking and Vintage Christmas Sets.
I used the Vintage set on the Textured Red Cardstock... repeating pattern
The Merry Christmas from the No Peeking set is heat embossed in Stampendous PEARLlustre: Sapphire, then stamped over again in black.
2009 Christmas Tree Cutting at Thomas' Farm.
Arthur
Robert
William
Thomas
Greg
My MEN!

4 comments:

Danni said...

so pretty! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Wendy Smith said...

This looks fantastic, thanks for playing with us at STB

Susan Longman said...

WOW fabulous use of stamping and the sketch ... thanks for playing at Scrap the Boys :)

Michelle said...

How cool to make both! Now you are ahead of the game, right? :) Thanks for joining us at FBW - LOVE your cards!!