BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh, Alice! Chapter 22: Dancing under the Sea

"Will you walk a little faster?" said the whiting to the snail;
"There's a porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!
See how eagerly the lobsters and the turtles all advance!
They are waiting on the shingle, will you come and join the dance?`
Will you, won't you, will you, won't you-WILL you join the dance?"

Hello everyone! Greetings from here in Wonderland...or maybe today it's UNDERland? As in Under the Sea, perhaps ;)So, today's challenge involves all things sea-worthy and we at Oh, Alice are challeng
ing YOU to create a card or project using sea life! Turtles, whales, dolphins are fabulous as are other sea creatures as in merfolk and those deep, dark creatures you sometimes hear about but seldom see.... the possibilities are as endless as the ocean itself!

I had no plans for this one just sat down and started playing...
I ended up with a Tag. The base is a standard manila shipping tag, then stamped with 2 different stamps from one of the 12 X 12 Fancy Pants sets. I then sprayed it in 2 shades of blue and 1 purple Glimmer Mist. I did it heavy then smooshed it with a sheet of paper to 'lose' the speckles and get more of a 'water' feel. The Sea Horse is snipped from the Antiquity sheet in the Graphic 45 Botanicabella line. Sanded, inked, glimmer misted then rolled on the edges while still damp.
I added some fiber water on the bottom and glue-gunned a few Sea Shell Beads on.
I'm quite happy with this little Adventure under the Sea.






2 comments:

Sammi said...

What a lovely tag! It's really pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice this week!
Sammi
xxx

Lynne Phelps said...

I am late in commenting, but I really love your tag. Inclusion of real shells really adds to it, and I love the text background behind the seahorse. Lovely! Thanks so much for being a regular player at Oh, Alice!! Lovely blog.