BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 16, 2010

Kard Krazy: Tag Tuesday Challenge #59 -- Hearts

Tag Tuesday Challenge #59 -- Hearts

We are back today with a new challenge after the two-week summer challenge. Our new challenge today is "hearts." Simply incorporate a heart of some kind into your tag. Use whatever medium you like.

Usually I'd start with an image to collage, but alas...
my printer is toast so I had to step out of my usual crafty comfort zone.
I've been sorting and re-organizing my rather um... large collection of stamps.
So I grabbed a set I haven't had a chance to use yet. Stampin'Up! Wing it.
THIS tag is also a good example of why saving scraps and waste is good idea.



The paper is one of the white sheets I always grab when I'm Glimmer Misting.
I stamped the images in VersaMark then clear heat embossed them.
That 'seals' in the Glimmer Mist spray.


Then I used an ink soaked sponge to rub over the embossed images.
I used a couple of colors of ink on each image.
Then I cut the images out.


The Background is another waste sheet...
This one I was *trying* to stamp a background for another project, I just didn't like.
So... it became another spray sheet.
I stamped the SU! Canvas background on it and heat embossed.


Then I also rubbed several shades of a dark yellow, light orange over it.
A little Black in the middle where the cut-out elements were going.


Real Close-up, you can see the 'trapped' Glimmer Mist quite well in the wings...
but it's everywhere. :O)
The Stamped Quote is also cut from the same spray sheet as the other elements.
The last step was using 3D Crystal Lacquer on the Heart & Crown.

7 comments:

Andrea C said...

very pretty, great stamping and techniques x

Oxana said...

Cool tag!!! Thanks fot tutorial!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Love your tag! Love the way you incorporated this very appropriate verse into it as well:)

Tyggereye said...

So pretty!! Love the little tutorial!! :)

Jane Wetzel said...

very cool and I love your perfect sentiment-

Lynn Stevens said...

very pretty tag and nice tutorial too..

Terry said...

Wonderful tag and thanks for sharing a tutorial!