BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 5, 2010

4... 4X4's!

ahhh... a much needed break in the 'addressing wedding invitations' stage of the game.
I swear if I'd had to seal 1 more envelope tonight... well, it wouldn't have been pretty. lol
I decided to take my break to make some 4X4's...


`Now tell me, Pat, what's that in the window?'
`Sure, it's an arm, yer honour!' (He pronounced it `arrum.')
`An arm, you goose! Who ever saw one that size? Why, it fills the whole window!'
`Sure, it does, yer honour: but it's an arm for all that.'

`Well, it's got no business there, at any rate: go and take it away!'
There was a long silence after this, and Alice could only hear whispers now and then; such as, `Sure, I don't like it, yer honour, at all, at all!' `Do as I tell you, you coward!' and at last she spread out her hand again, and made another
snatch in the air. This time there were TWO little shrieks, and more sounds of broken glass. `What a number of cucumber-frames there must be!' thought Alice. `I wonder what they'll do next! As for pulling me out of the window, I only wish they COULD! I'm sure I don't want to stay in here any longer!'
Hello friends...it's CRYSTAL CLEAR that today you're all joining us for a fabulous challenge here at Oh, Alice! We have all sorts of lovely techniques for you to try today!
Your mission today with Oh, Alice, should you choose to accept it, is to try a technique using cracked glass, crystal effects (or glossy accents), or a window stamp/technique.


ha! Never *tried* to take 'bad' pictures before...
I took a couple at a bad angle to show the glare off the window panes.
This is a 3 layer 4X4...
The Parlour is the bottom layer, mounted on Cereal Box board.
Then Alice, also on CB Board.
Then finally the Window, also on CB Board.
I cut the panes out of the Window so I could fill them with 3D Crystal Lacquer.
I love using Cereal boxes for this kind of thing...
not as deep as Chip Board but still a good depth to 'fill up'.


4x4 Friday: Raining Daisies
Whether sunny or otherwise, let's celebrate daisies this week before they give themselves to autumn days. Enjoy!


I just loved this quote... so true!
Daisy is a small snip of a much larger picture.
Whole project is lightly Glimmer Misted, doesn't show well in the picture.
I printed the Daisy picture, misted, then reprinted to the quote.



Soartful Challenges
This week's theme is
Dragonfly
"Images of dragonflies are common in Art Nouveau, especially in jewelry designs. They also appear in posters by modern artists such as Maeve Harris. They have also been used as a decorative motif on fabrics and home furnishings.

Wikipedia


That would be my fiance's foot. lol
We were up at a water-park when this lil'guy landed on his foot.
I am so happy for an excuse to use this picture... one of our favorites!
Quote is a Stampin'Up! Stamp.



Lots To Do: The Scenic Route
This week we are going to take the Scenic Route - make whatever you wish using the theme as your inspiration Put a your piece in your blog and then leave us a link.


Another beautiful shot... from my overloaded clip-art stash.
Quote is a Close to My Heart Stamp.
A good reminder to us all...
Take the Scenic Route and just enjoy!

6 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

OMG - this is GORGEOUS!!! Wow!!! I'm spun out!!! Well done!!! And I tell you, I'm gonna have a serious look at my Special K box tomorrow morning!! lol! Thanks for sharing! :D

Jaqi said...

Great card , and the quote is so true

crafty creations said...

Your cards are beautiful but ion particular the Scenic Route one its stunning - a wonderful quote too

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy preperations to join in the challenge at Lotstodo xx Hilda

Anonymous said...

...and the stress from all of that envelope sealing, brought such beautiful 4x4s! LOL! Lovely work, indeed.

Neet said...

I like all your cards but the "scenic route" one is mind blowing - so atmospheric. Love it.

Jeanette said...

You have a fabulous blog. What a pleasure to come and visit. All of your work is gorgeous. I love the dragonfly photo. What a treasure. Thanks for being Soartful this week.

Please come visit my scrapbook challenge Scrapping With I Did It Creations. You might enjoy it. I know I would.