BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

4 Postcards & an Inchie...

I've been having a *week* with da'boyz...
Despite them all being at camp during the day the evening have been, um... less than delightful.
As some of you know my 3rd son has some major medical issues,
ADHD & ODD being the tippy-top of the iceburg,
so 'change' is always difficult, even if it's fun change.
THIS... would be one of those weeks.
Despite the increase in 'issues' I did manage to get some Art done, just not posted.
This'll be a Blitz-Post, better to get it all up before I sucked under again! :O)
*glub-glub*

Oh, Alice!
CHAPTER 25: White Rabbit, White Gloves, White Wonderland...

"After a time she heard a little pattering of feet in the distance, and she hastily dried her eyes to see what was coming.It was the White Rabbit returning, splendidly dressed, with a pair of white kid gloves in one hand and a large fan in the other: he came trotting along in a great hurry, muttering to himself as he came, `Oh! the Duchess, the Duchess! Oh! won't she be savage if I've kept her waiting!'
Alice felt so desperate that she was ready to ask help of any one; so, when the Rabbit came near her, she began, in a low, timid voice, `If you please, sir--' The Rabbit started violently, dropped the white kid gloves and the fan, and skurried away into the darkness as hard as he could go..."

~Alices Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 2

Hello dolls!
We are back in the WHITE heat of August with another fabulous challenge for you today! This week at Oh, Alice we are trying to BEAT that heat, and you know, they say you shouldn't wear dark colors this time of year to keep cool!
In the spirit of that, along with our WHITE Rabbit and his WHITE kid gloves, guess what our challenge is for you today?
That's RIGHT. WHITE WONDERLAND. And we're not talkin' about Christmas! Your mission today, should you choose to accept it is to create (WITH the exception of your main image panel) an ALL WHITE card or project!


*giggle*
I LOVE what I did... he's SO cute and pat-able.
White Rabbit Postcard...
Low pile fur mounted on Cereal Box Board, face elements are off a print-able childrens face mask and the eyes are brads.



The Three Muses Challenge - Doors
The theme this week is DOORS. A door in art can create many moods - mystery and menace or a feeling of safety and warmth. It is a great prop for great pictures. I hope you will enjoy our challenge this week.


I hope Rachel McAdams doesn't mind me borrowing her forehead as an example...
:O)


Tuesday Taggers: Sunshine
This weeks theme - Sunshine - and boy do we need the sun back :0)
When I dreamt up this theme I had the image of sunny days in the garden, sipping mint tea and inhaling the sweet smell of my newly planted flowers ......... ha ha! it really was a dream! Instead I think we have had dull cloudy days with downpours so heavy that we still have a water shortage because it has moved downstream too fast to fill up the reservoirs!!
Still we can live in hope of an Indian summer!
Despite all that I hope you're enjoying the summer


Still almost a month of good Summer here, Thank Goodness!
I've been waiting to do something with this Picture of my friend Brynn and I had my Betrothal Handfasting last year ... this was a Good Time. :O)
Shimmer didn't photograph well but the brass sun and all around the page have been Pearl Effects-ed.



Kard Krazy: Tag Tuesday Challenge -- Crowns
I just finished creating this week's tag for the Tag Tuesday challenge when I noticed the same theme was being offered up over at the Gothic Arch challenge site. Oh, well, I guess we'll be seeing a lot of crowns this week!


This was started with a Free Digi-Stamp (unknown source & part of a larger sheet of quotes) I've also been just itching to use!
Swirls & Flourishes are Fancy Pants.
I just love the sentiment.
We are ALL deserving of being treated like royalty... we just need to be reminded sometimes.



Small World of Inchies & Twinchies: Ladies.
I'm back again with a new theme!
Hope you will like this one, it's a easy theme: 'Ladies'.
Make some very small art with some ladies.
Stamping, digital art, paint...
Just use your imagination!
Have fun!


All I can say to that quote is:
AMEN!
Preach it sista!
;O)




Only 3 more days to get your comment added to the BLOG CANDY post!!!

Head over:
HERE
for all the deets!!!
Don't miss out.
:O)

11 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Oh my, your lil white rabbit is adorable! What a brilliant idea!
Thanks for playing along with us at Oh, Alice!
hugs, margie

Sally H said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your sunshine with us at TT this week!

Taluula said...

Oh wow, you have been busy, and your Doors piece is a really fantastic idea .... a nice bit of thinking outside the box. Bravo.

Michelle said...

Thanks for spreading a little sunshine around and joining us with your lovely entry on Tuesday Taggers.
x Michelle

Kim B said...

I love the crown, isnt that the truth. Well congrats on the engagement and soon to be wedding.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Smiles,
Kim
http://agypsyangel.blogspot.com

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Totally love your crown sentiment! Great tag!

Lynn Stevens said...

great little crown tag!hope things are going better for you!

Sammi said...

I Love the cute little rabbit!
Thanks for playing along at Oh Alice this week with us!
Sammi
xxx

Lynne Phelps said...

The white rabbit is TOO FUNNY, I love it! The crown tag really gets me too - gotta remember that I'm wearing it, LOL! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Oh, Alice!

Ozstuff said...

I came here to see your "Door" and I thoroughly enjoyed all the goodies on show? What a fabulous blog.

I love your Door piece. It is thoughtful and beautifully designed. Stunning work.

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

Wow! You made beautiful art! Thanx for participating the challenge!