BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Oh, Alice! Chapter 26...

"The Caterpillar was the first to speak.
`What size do you want to be?' it asked.
`Oh, I'm not particular as to size,' Alice hastily replied; `only one doesn't like changing so often, you know.'
`I DON'T know,' said the Caterpillar.
Alice said nothing: she had never been so much contradicted in her life before, and she felt that she was losing her temper.
`Are you content now?' said the Caterpillar.
`Well, I should like to be a LITTLE larger, sir, if you wouldn't mind,' said Alice: `three inches is such a wretched height to be.'
`It is a very good height indeed!' said the Caterpillar angrily, rearing itself upright as it spoke (it was exactly three inches high).
`But I'm not used to it!' pleaded poor Alice in a piteous tone. And she thought of herself, `I wish the creatures wouldn't be so easily offended!'
`You'll get used to it in time,' said the Caterpillar; and it put the hookah into its mouth and began smoking again..."

Hello! How is everyone here in Wonderland today?

We are sizing up a GREAT sketch by JEN and the main panel just HAPPENS to be THREE. INCHES. TALL. :) Now, of course you don't have to stick to this if your image won't fit, but we didn't want to anger Mr. Caterpillar by saying that Three inches wasn't a respectable height, so here's the sketch:


and here is what I did with it:


6X6
Greeting Cards...
I made 6 of them!

I don't *think* any of my Bridesmaids read my Blog regularly, they see my Artwork on FaceBook in my ~Artist 365~ Album... so I *think* I'm safe to post these here.;
They are for: 3 bridesmaid, 2 ladies helping with the food stuff & 1 maid-of-honour.
I'm thrilled with how well they turned out!
The picture is Alice Clip-Art (pre-colored) and the Phrase:
'I couldn't ask for Better Friends.
I could ask for normal friends, but that would be boring...'
came as a freebie from a wonderful Blog I follow:
Elegant Word Art
Her stuff is FAB!!! ...lots of freebies too.
I printed the phrase and photo out as one item, so it's a solid 3"X3".
I masked the picture and Pink Glimmer Misted the phrase.
EVERYTHING is edge rubbed in brown ink, messy fingers!
The Teacup & Sugar Bowl Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie.
Ribbon: May Arts & Flowers: $ store

1 comment:

Basement Stamper said...

Those a great cards for friends! That image/sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice.