BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

One Powerful Hour... Vacation!

I had to sit down and have a good ol' think about what to do for this weeks Design Team work at One Powerful Hour... Vacation.
My immediate response when someone mentions Vacation is:
"What's that?"
Honestly never been away on one... my parents are not travelers. I mean we always did the Stay-cation thing, visiting places that were with an hour or two's drive... but never 'away'.
My mum's an Army Brat so as she always says 'vacation for her is NOT packing up & going somewhere'. I can understand that.
I've no real 'drive' to go far either...
but I would like to visit Scotland one day.
My dad's side is Scottish with a wee bit o'Irish mixed in.
So for my Project I made a Vacation Fund Box.
Just somewhere to gather all those 'spare' Loonies & Twoonies and dream of Scottish Castles in the Mist...
Paper and Label & Letter Stickers are all from K&Company's Life's Journey Scrap Kit.
*giggling*
Ironically been sitting around because I had no 'vacation-y' things to scrap!
The Quote, Stamps & Postcard are from Heartwarming Vintage Cuts 'Adventure & Travel' Clip sheet.
Don't forget to Pop On Over to One Powerful Hour and check out all the other Great Vacation Theme Projects... and try your hand at one yourself!

Front:

Front/Side:

Side:

Back:

Other Side:

Top:

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

so wonderful, an enchanting keep sake!!!

fairyrocks said...

Stay-cation, LOL love that line, mind if I lift it?
We didn't even do that as children. I remember when a Walmart opened an hour (2 the way my mom drove) away from where we lived.....we went there and spend 6 hours (I kid you not)
in that store, thats the closest we ever came to a family holiday LOL ah, but times were different then. Good on you for creating a saving box. If you can dream it, you can do it.