BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 27, 2010

Tuesday Taggers: Inspired by a Poem
I love using poetry as inspiration for my artwork and I wondered how many more poems there are out there that could inspire creativity, so that's the challenge for this week. Use a poem to inspire your crafting. As usual you can create anything you wish, with any stash as long as it has reference to a poem


I just loooooove Walt Whitman so I knew just WHO I was heading to for a poem.
I made this free-standing display.
The image is from Ceremony Share.
I mounted Pattern Paper of Heavy Cardboard and trimmed the 2 even rectangles. I heavily inked all the edges to give it a time worn look.
The lace is attached with Scor-Pal adhesive strips.




Oh... you should of guessed I would go SteamPunk. lol
4X4, clip-art background embellished with an Airplane & Cog'n'Gear Stamps.
I took a different Flying Pig image than the one posted and have him Brass Goggles and proper Gentleman's Top Hat.
If Pigs are going to Fly, they should at least do it in style!


5 comments:

Jeanette said...

This little piggy was definitely made for steampunk. Cute, Cute, Cute. And your free standing poem is gorgeous. You are a very talented lady. It is a pleasure to have you join us at Soartful.

Sally H said...

Wow! Stunning work! That is such a beautiful poem! Love your flying pig too! Thanks for joining us at TT this week!

Zoechaos said...

Really should visit more often always amazed and thrilled by your work. Love the poem for itsself and as inspiration the image fits perfectly. Flying pig they populate our world but so rarely seen LOL xx Zoe

Unknown said...

Wow this is fab fab fab. Thanks playing along with TT this week
Hugs
Ildiko

Unknown said...

Your project is perfect! Fabulous for our poem theme at TT - great piggy too!