BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Soartful: Proud as a Peacock!

Soartful Challenges: Proud as a Peacock

I made a Postcard for this challenge...
I loved the soft, washed colors in the inspiration piece and made it mine.
I used a Free Digi-Stamp I had in my collection, started by using Pearl Ex to color the gold tail dots and beak, blue for the body...
Then I went over that with Stampin'Up! Markers.
Then I brushed the whole image over with White Pearl Ex.
It was a lot of layers but the final effort was worth it... it looks like much better In Real Life.
Camera never photos shimmer & sheen well.
Mounted finished image on Glimmer Misted Chine Script (another digi-stamp) then mounted that on handmade paper and finally black Card Stock.


2 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

lovely or should I say ,Pretty as a Peacock!

AmyK said...

That is absolutely gorgeous--I wish we could see what the camera couldn't capture!